BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Thursday, June 30, 2011

Blog Tour Stop with Megg Jensen!

      For those of you who've been following the tour, today is the last stop! And for those of you who are clueless as to what I'm talking about, this is the final stop for Megg Jensen's book tour for her latest release Oubliette. It's the second book of her Cloud Prophet Trilogy, and was a great follow up to Anathema.  For today Megg is doing an interview! So without further ado here it is! 

     1.  What was the inspiration for the Cloud Prophet Trilogy? 


On a trip to my parents’ farm, my daughter told me she could see things in the clouds. I asked her what shapes she saw. She sighed and said, “No, Mom. I can see the future.” (She has a great imagination.) In that moment, Reychel appeared in my mind. The plots for the next two novels evolved as I wrote.


2.     2.  How do you pick your titles? 


I always knew I wanted Anathema to be the title of my first novel because it’s my favorite word. Oubliette occurred to me at a particular moment while I was writing (I won’t say when to avoid spoilers). The same with Severed - I always want my titles to reflect something important in the book, without being obvious. 


3.   3.     Most of the characters have a magical ability.  How do you decide what form it manifests in? 


When I write the first draft of a novel, I let these things unfold naturally. I never force a particular gift on a person. Usually I’m just as surprised as the reader! However, I did have some clue what Krissin’s gift would be early on. The rest was a surprise.


4.    4.   The “spark” that identifies people as gifted is pretty unique.  What gave you the idea? 


I’ll be honest - I don’t remember. I wrote Anathema back in January of 2009, so it’s been quite a while. ;)


5.      5. You’ve often included readers in the process of deciding certain elements of your books.  What made you decide to do so?  Is it something you’ll continue in the future? 


I LOVE including readers in helping me choose character names. It’s one of the hardest parts of writing fantasy. I wanted to include readers because it gives them a sense of ownership in my books....and some bragging rights. I definitely want to do it again.


6.    6.   Have you always liked to write or is it a recent passion? 


I learned to read at the age of four and wrote my first novel at the age of seven. It was only seven pages long and about a unicorn. Since then I’ve written short stories, poems, song lyrics, created my own silly newspapers, etc. I even won a national writing contest in junior high.


7.    7.   Do you listen to music while you write or do you prefer silence?


I have to listen to music. Silence bugs me. When writing Anathema and Oubliette I use the Twilight soundtrack. 


8.     8.  What would Reychel’s theme song be? 


Since I used the Twilight soundtrack, every time I hear Decode by Paramore, I think of Reychel.


9.      9. After the conclusion to the Cloud Prophet Trilogy can we be looking forward to more books by you? 


I have another novel called Sleepers (Book One of the Swarm Trilogy) coming out by the end of July. I think after that I’ll be publishing a middle grade fantasy. Then Severed will release. Then I’ll continue on with The Swarm Trilogy. Then I have two more fantasy series in the wings. I also have a contemporary YA novel.

I’m very, very prolific. If I ever stop writing, it means I’m dead.


10. 10.   And most importantly, coffee or tea?  


Iced tea!!!! I don’t like hot beverages. I gave up iced coffee halfway through college - I was addicted to Cappio. I don’t even think they make it anymore. I couldn’t even find a Wikipedia page on it. Either I am totally spelling it wrong or I’m just really, really old.

Thanks for having me!!!

A big thanks to Megg for involving me in this tour! I greatly enjoyed Oubliette and am eager for the conclusion to the trilogy.  To read my reviews of Anathema and Oubliette click on the titles! And another little surprise! Megg decided to reveal the cover to Severed, the final novel to her trilogy, at the conclusion of the tour, so here's the cover! 


This is by far my favorite cover! It's just so stunning! And I love the fact that Reychel's hair is wild and free. Once again, a huge thanks to Megg!


4 comments:

Joseph Eastwood said...

Love the new book cover Megg!

Ladybug07999 said...

Reychel looks like she knows who she is finally . . . I LOVE the cover!

Megg, is the book done yet?

Stephanie
ladybug07999@yahoo.com

lalibrarybug said...

Now, Now, NOW!!! I want it now!!! OMG WHAT a cover!!!

BookLuvr Mindy said...

I love the cover!!!! I am posting it on my fan page and my blog!