BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Teaser Tuesday (2)

 
Teaser Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by Mizb @Should Be Reading
-Grab your current book
-Open to a random page
-Share (2) teaser sentences from somewhere on that page
-no spoilers!
-Share title and author
 
This week is going to be a bit loaded.  Truthfully I'm kind of in the middle of a lot of books right now.  My AP English class is doing nothing to aid in my pile of books to be read so I'm doing teasers from three different books.  And  yes I'm reading them all right now.  And about to start another... *headdesk* 
 
First up is Island by Aldous Huxley.  Obviously this isn't my typical read.  Research paper book! As much as I hate research papers, I have a feeling I'll like this book.
 "Nature here was no longer merely natural; the landscape had been composed, had been reduced to its geometrical essences, and rendered, by what in a painter would have been a miracle of virtuosity, in terms of these sinuous lines, these streaks of pure bright color."

Next is Beautiful Creatures by Kami Garcia and Margaret Stohl
"And for the town itself, it seemed like nothing had happened for more than a hundred years.  Nothing of consequence, that is.   I had a feeling that was all about to change." 
 
Last but not least Probability Angels by Joseph Devon.  
"Inside the square the light began to change." 
 
All three are extremely good and all demanding my time and attention.  I need more hours in the day...plus well for the past three days I have been shamelessly reading Malec fanfic after fanfic.  I just have an insatiable craving right now.  Those two are simply the most perfect couple in existence, I can't help but obsess.  *shrugs*




1 comments:

Tasha said...

Nice teasers. Thanks for sharing. Hope you enjoy them all.