BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Monday, November 15, 2010

Thanks to the 1st!

Hey strangers!  Guess what time it is?!  That's right!  A huge celebration of epic proportions starts today!  My dear friend and blogger buddy Andrea @ Loud Words and Sounds is hosting one huge ass shindig. I know a ton of people have donated to the event  (including myself) so get your bums over there and keep checking for new prizes!  I've known Andrea for almost two years now and she is one of the most creative people I know.  Plus she's a fellow art freak.  XD

Andrea is hosting an awesome cover re-make contest as well.  You can pick your favorite book from this year to re-design in order to win a copy of Mockingjay!  Now you know I adore cover remake contests, even with my severe lack of photoshop... so of course I entered!  Even though I'm only doing it for fun since I am on the panel of judges!  *wink*   I chose to re-design Prisoners in the Palace by Michaela MacColl.  I adored the book.  Hated the cover.  Here's the original, followed by my re-interpretation of it.  ^.^







So what do you think?  I like how it turned out.  You wouldn't believe how hard it is to find a picture of a Victorian dressed girl.  O.o Muy dificil!  So if any of you out there have a creative bone in your body, enter the contest!  I would like something to judge thank you very much!  Haha!  And be entering all these upcoming contests as well!