BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Thursday, November 18, 2010

Kicking off the 18th!!!


Today’s the day! It is officially one year TODAY since my first ever blog post!  Today is going to be a wonderful day, simply because I get out of school today for an art trip.  And I’m typing this, on a bus, at seven in the morning, in the dark.  Awesome day.  ^.^  
If you haven’t and would like to gain extra entries fill out the form HERE!  I have lots of prizes lined up and some lovely people have donated awesome books.  So…. Since today is an art day for me, I’m going to kick off the birthday bash with a cover redesign contest!  I know these take some time on your part, but the thing I love about cover re-design contests is that you get to see how creative people are.  It’s always so cool to see other people’s interpretations of different books.  Instead of picking a supernatural book, I picked a historical fiction one.  Now if you actually read my reviews you’ll know that I really adored this book, but I hated the cover.  It was just god-awful.  So to satisfy my own need to have an amazing cover to match an amazing book, you guys get to re-design it.   You shall be re-designing Prisoners in the Palace by Michaela MacColl.  And if you pay attention to my posts at all, you’ll know that just for fun I designed a new cover for Andrea’s contest.  It got my mind thinking about how much I liked that book, and so now you guys get your shot at putting your own spin on it.  
Depending on how many entries I get, I’ll either judge them myself or have you guy’s vote for your favorite.  The winner will receive a copy of Prisoners in the Palace at the conclusion of the festivities.  You’ll have until December 1st to get your entries in.  So without further ado here’s the cover and synopsis to stimulate your creative minds!  

Synopsis: London, 1838. Sixteen-year-old Liza's dreams of her society debut are dashed when her parents are killed in an accident. Penniless, she accepts the position of lady's maid to young Princess Victoria and steps unwittingly into the gossipy intrigue of the servant's world below-stairs as well as the trickery above. Is it possible that her changing circumstances may offer Liza the chance to determine her own fate, find true love, and secure the throne for her future queen?
Post your entries on the Mr. Linky below!


6 comments:

Misha1989 said...

Hi
Is this International?

Ky said...

This one is! The other contests it will just depend since some are donated.

PinkStuff28 said...

Can you enter multiple covers or just one ?

PinkStuff28 said...

I've entered the linky with my redesigned cover :)

Ky said...

You can enter multiple just for fun, but I will only judge one of them.

Belle Découverte said...

I entered mine. Thanks for the fun contest.