BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Thursday, June 10, 2010

Spent WAY too much money...

So what may you ask sparked this post?  I'll tell ya.  The fact that I spent pretty darn close to $200 today.  Yep... I know right.  I will not shop again all summer.  And for probably the first half of the school year.  O.O I have no self control!!!! Though I spent an insane amount of money in less than 8 hours, I'm still rather happy.  Kind of... until I think about my bank account that is.  Then I just want to cry.  I keep telling myself to GET OVER IT there's no returning them, but god it just physically hurts me.

Soooo want to hear what I got?  This will cheer me up if I get to share so bare with me.  :)  So I'm a senior this year (next year???) Anyway when school starts I'll be a senior.  Yay!  Woot!  Hurrah!  I have two actual "classes" and only one of them is not a joke.  The rest of my day is filled with art.  How wonderful is that?!  You have no idea how excited I am for it!  Not so wonderful thing about being a senior?  SENIOR PICTURES!  *screams*  I hadn't even given a thought to it.  Just kind of threw out vague ideas for where I would get them done.  I'll tell you one thing.  Buying senior picture outfits SUCKS.  Eighty something dollars!  EIGHTY!  Though what I got was all really pretty, damn was it expensive.  Maurices... I love and hate you.  It's all sooo pretty and so my style but why does a tank top have to be $20?!  Ugh!  Curses!  I don't think I'll be able to find pictures but I'll just describe what I got.

- cream crinkle tank top with lace
-burnt orange see through short sleeve shirt
-dark brown sleeveless vest (one of those cool flowy ones that are kind long?)
-cream short sleeve v-neck shirt
-2 cute necklaces to go with

The first three all go together as my "outfit" and I just need to find a decent pair of jeans that I haven't gotten holes in, or completely shredded the bottom.  I told my mom she's buying me jeans and shoes.  I refuse to spend any more money on clothing.  Hell I don't even think I've willingly bought clothing for myself in over 6 months!  *cringes*

For some reason I went on a complete movie binge.  I bought five movies!  I don't know what possibly could have possessed me.  Maybe it was boredom around  eight o'clock in the morning when NOTHING was open except for Walmart and Hyvee...

-Zombieland
-Sweeney Todd
-Hellboy
-Alice in Wonderland
-Nick and Norah's Infinite Playlist

I know you all are just sitting there going "What the hell?!  She didn't buy books?!"  OH believe me.  I did not disappoint.  XD  I bought:

-Wings by Aprilynne Pike (Thanks Nikki for the suggestion)  Fifteen-year-old Laurel has led a sheltered, homeschooled life in a very small town, so when her parents decide to move and enroll her in high school, she has trouble getting used to her new life. A life, as it turns out, that’s not at all like those of other kids. One clear sign is a winglike blossom that blooms on her back. Oh, and her new best friend, the scientifically minded David, reveals under a microscope that her cells are more plant than animal. But it takes an encounter at her old home with the handsome but decidedly different Tamani to convince her that she is a faerie. She also learns it’s up to her to save her land from the evil influences that are trying to take it away from her and her family.

Thanks again for the recomendation Nikki I'm glad I picked this up today!  I'm already falling in love with it and I haven't even started reading it yet!  And ZOMG!  Look at the amazing international cover for it!!!!! I'm drooling over it.  No joke.  I could just kiss whoever designed that!!!  Is that Greek?  I honestly have no idea, oh well,  it's all Greek to me!  (Okay lame joke I know) *drools some more*  God I cannot get over how GORGEOUS that is!

-Santa Olivia by Jacqueline Carey Carey sets this powerful near-future tale in Outpost 12, a small town trapped in a "buffer zone" shielding Texas from pandemic-stricken Mexico. Two half-siblings chafing under General Argyle's military rule make very different plans to beat the status quo. Tom, the son of a soldier, lives at the gym, where he trains in boxing and hopes to win his freedom from the town by defeating the general's boxing champion. Loup, who has inherited her escaped father's oddly engineered genes, joins a group of church wards called the Santitos, a tight gang of vigilantes who masquerade as the local saint, Santa Olivia. Carey's fans will enjoy meeting another strong, fearless heroine with special powers, while new readers will appreciate the tight focus that intensifies the depth of character and emotion.

I randomly picked this off the shelf because frankly I thought the cover was pretty.  I know, I know.  I'm horrible but I have an artist's eye through and through.  I cannot help it!
 
-Nightwatch by Sergei Lukyanenko Set in modern day Moscow, Night Watch is a world as elaborate and imaginative as Tolkien or the best Asimov. Living among us are the "Others," an ancient race of humans with supernatural powers who swear allegiance to either the Dark or the Light. A thousand-year treaty has maintained the balance of power, and the two sides coexist in an uneasy truce. But an ancient prophecy decrees that one supreme "Other" will rise up and tip the balance, plunging the world into a catastrophic war between the Dark and the Light. When a young boy with extraordinary powers emerges, fulfilling the first half of the prophecy, will the forces of the Light be able to keep the Dark from corrupting the boy and destroying the world?

How does that not sound absolutely unbelievably amazing?!   I'm drooling already.  Ugh why do I have so many books to read?!

-Nightlight  Well frankly who DOESN'T know about this hilarious parody?  Sorry for any of you Twi-hards out there but I cannot stand these books anymore.  Or the movies!  *cringes*  And it is NOT because they got "popular".  That is possibly the lamest excuse EVER to stop liking a book.  I have a legit reason for not liking these books anymore, but I will not go into detail because then I'll start ranting and believe me once I start, I don't stop.  Lol.  I bought this for a friend for Christmas, read the first chapter before I wrapped it, and have been wanting  a copy for myself ever since.  So THANK YOU Walmart!  Lolz.



So that pretty much wraps up my spending today.  Wow.  I just got re-terrified again.  Darn it!  I was finally over it!  Grrr.  Okay moving onto happier things!!!!  So I've been buying a lot of books lately.  And well I got  a lot from NetGalley as well.  XD  I feel so happy!!!  So I thought I'd share you my book haul both virtual and physical.                                
      Physical...


Virtual...

I'm starting to wonder if obsessing over books is an actual disease... nah.  It's way too much fun to be a disease or mental condition.  Well actually... mental condition sounds about right.  Lol.  Maybe I'll go watch Zombieland.... Muwahahahahaha!  I can tell you right now that I am going to watch that movie SO MUCH.  *runs up to my room*  Adios mis amigos! 

14 comments:

AtenRa said...

The foreign Wings cover is not Greek. I think it's Russian.
Good Omens is an amazing book from two amazing authors!
Wildthorn is an also very good YA book.

Felicia the Geeky Blogger said...

You will enjoy everything you bought! We all have buyers remorse but think of this way, you were being efficient. Getting all that shopping done at the beginning of the summer frees you up to do other things during the summer. I hate shopping, so I often do the all at once thing.

Enjoy everything you got!

Ky said...

@AtenRa lol thank you! Russian was my next guess! :P

Blueicegal ♥ said...

wow you went all out i congrat you girl i haven't spent some good solid cash in a while *sigh* and you got some great ones there, wings is a quick great read and you got nightlight that is so epic!! hehehe it is hilarious so enjoy! and i read wild thorn it was okay, divulge all you like my dear you earned it *literally*lol: PS the clothes sound super cute! :D

SpunkiiReader said...

Great score! and your welcome for the recommend! I am reading the next book in the series Spells. ohh and I read another faerie book I forgot to tell you about last time, Glimmerglass by Jenna Black. I really liked it but I didnt get as drawn into the characters as I normally do, but it was still a great read and Im waiting for book 2 in that series. I would join the world of fey if I could! :)

SpunkiiReader said...

ohh yeah I forgot, I LOVE THAT OTHER COVER! it is simply BEAUTIFUL!

Ky said...

Ya I've seen Glimmerglass around,but I just haven't actually really LOOKED at it ya know? Lol. OH trust me, ME TOO! I would go chill in the dark court or the Winter Court. The seem like my peeps. ^.^ Plus well frankly their WAY hotter than any of the Summer court dudes. Hehehehee!

And I KNOW! OMG! I swear I go goo-goo eyed every time I look at it! It's crazy gorgeous!!!!

vvb32 reads said...

great haul! love that wings cover with the ink - cool. ooo, net galley has spy glass? i'm gonna have to check that out.
btw: you've just been awarded
http://vvb32reads.blogspot.com/2010/02/most-amazing-follower-award.html

Nina said...

Wings is great! Hope you enjoy it too. Yep you got a little bit crazy spending money, but hey that's life and why not spend it, it's yours. :) LOL!

I need to spend me some money too!

BookMarc Blogpants said...

The only one I've read on your haul of books there is Neverwhere. I will 100% vouch for it as an awesome read.

Ky said...

@ Marc Neverwhere is EPIC! I've already read it and Good Omens but I love both of them so much that I just had to buy them. Good Omens...*giggles* Demon and an Angel become BFF's and try and stop the rapture. A Hellhound named Dog, and the four horsemen are a motor cycle gang. XD Can you say HYSTERICAL!

BookMarc Blogpants said...

I had never heard of Good Omens but I might have to check that out as I love books that are unique and put forth a story I won't find elsewhere.

Vixen Pearl said...

I think you'll like Good Omens. It was so funny! I can't wait for the movie to come out! The Cindy Spencer Pape looks very good. Enjoy all your choices. Looks like you'll be busy reading, all summer! :)

Pearl
Café Pearl

Ky said...

THEY'RE MAKING A MOVIE?! *squeel* OMG! *jumps up and down* NO WAY! EEEPP!!!!