BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Sunday, May 23, 2010

Sno-Cone Summer Meltdown!

Let me tell you something you probably didn't know about me.  I LOVE sno-cones!  My first summer job (detassling doesn't count)  was at the Sno-Shack in my hometown.  So yes I can shave ice and color it with delicious sugary flavors like a pro!  And I get really annoyed when my sno-cones are made badly!  So one of my summer rituals is grabbing a sno-cone and just chilling.  This past summer one of my best friends and I went to get sno-cones at least once a week.  Okay so maybe like twice a week.  Sometimes three times a week.  Okay, okay!  We ate lots and lots of sno-cones!  It just became this awesome ritual that we are continuing this summer.  In  a brilliant stroke of genius (thank you brain) I came up with a wonderful idea for this summer!  Since my first contest is about to end, and well frankly I had way too much fun putting that together, and Blogfest isn't until September, I felt like I needed to do another awesome giveaway!  How do books and sno-cones go together you may ask?  Well... they don't really but you'll understand if you keep reading. 

Every time I go get a sno-cone (which will be a lot) I am going to pick a hottie from one of my favorite books that makes me "melt."  Okay a tad cheesy I know but that's my tie in with sno-cones.  :P  And what will happen with this long list of delectable fellows?  You, yes I said YOU guys will vote on your top 3 melt-worthy characters!  The books these characters are from are going to be up for grabs!  Three hotties, three books, three winners!  Sound like fun?! 

Hahaha!  I am already looking forward to all the sno-cones I'm going to eat!  Well... slurp?  Ya slurp is a better description.  Lol!  I'm really looking forward to this, and I hope this makes everyone's summer a bit more enjoyable!  Plus who doesn't love sno-cones?! 

A little side note:  The Great Book Scavenger Hunt contest is about to end!!!  If you haven't entered your final entry form yet, and you have extra entries GO ENTER!  If you have not filled out the Final Entry Form, yet you have answered clues you are NOT automatically entered to win.  So please, please, PLEASE take two seconds and fill out the form!  I would hate for anyone to miss out on winning!

XOXO

6 comments:

Felicia the Geeky Blogger said...

When I was your age we owned a sno-cone stand that we called the Little Red Barn. It was my favorite job as a teenager though I probably ate more than I sold! It was a great thing it was family owned. We had sno-cones all year around.

Ky said...

Ugh! No fair! I am insanely jealous right now!

blueicegal said...

Ohh sounds like a great idea kay! good going :P

Sara said...

Mmm I love sno-cones! And I agree with Aly that's a great idea! I can't wait to see it in action :D

Chas @ LLL in the 808 said...

Wicked!=)

I grew up with Shaved Iced.

In fact, I live right near a very popular Shaved Iced stand that is advertised to tourist and known by locals.
Of course, that means having my favorite concoction is right at my finger tips!
Azuki bowls.... YUMMMMM!!!

oh, I worked at a stand as well in high school. Darn did my hands freeze pretty quick.

Leilani @Leilani Loves Books said...

ohhh, this sounds yummy!
Cant wait!