BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Monday, May 31, 2010

Random Epicness

I'm just going to tell you guys up front, that I am like obsessed with anything Brent Weeks writes.  As you all read from my last sno-cone post I'm totally in love with Kylar, the main character from Brent Week's Beyond the Shadows.  When the trilogy was over I was so DEPRESSED.  It literally hurt to be finished with that amazing trilogy.  Thankfully I discovered that he was writing a new trilogy!  So I've known this for a while, and a previous cover idea was leaked, but I am pleased to say that HERE is the FINAL cover for Brent's new book, The Black Prism.  Isn't it pretty?!  I think I'm falling in love all over again.  ^.^   Plus is that not the most awesome knife you have ever laid eyes on?!  Okay I'm fan-girling now.  Sorry. Here's a brief synopsis! 

Synopsis: Gavin Guile is the Prism, the most powerful man in the world. He is high priest and emperor, a man whose power, wit, and charm are all that preserves a tenuous peace. But Prisms never last, and Guile knows exactly how long he has left to live: Five years to achieve five impossible goals.

But when Guile discovers he has a son, born in a far kingdom after the war that put him in power, he must decide how much he's willing to pay to protect a secret that could tear his world apart.

And some other exciting news?  Orbit is the best publishers in the world and has posted the first 3 chapters on their website!  HEHEHE!  Guess what is currently open in another window on my computer screen?  Yep  you guessed it!  I'm nice though and am going to share the love!  Check out the first three chapters of The Black Prism HERE!  

2 comments:

Michael Antonio Araujo said...

Hmmm, would you say a guy would like the first Trilogy and the newest one? I want something to do with assassins and stuff but can't find any. And I know you've read a few books about them. I need your best recommendations on assassin novels. =D

Ky said...

Omg. Mike. Just go buy them already! I'm telling you, you will LOVE. I got one of my guy friends obsessed with them. I guarantee you'll like. And I already read the first 3 chapters of The Black Prism and I'm already hooked. :P