BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Saturday, May 29, 2010

News @ CFB

So I'm totally stealing Andrea's thunder here, but it was a rather great idea and I myself hate doing random posts so forgive me deary.  I just have a lot of things to post all at once and this was the best way to sum everything up.  So yes, full credit for this idea to Andrea @ Loud Words and Sounds!  Don't eat me please.

In My World:
I honestly feel like crying right now.  Shiny Toy Guns was in Grand Island 6 hours ago and I somehow didn't know about it.  I'm assuming they were just passing through on their way back to CA but still.  Major depressed here.  I would have totally snuck onto their tour bus!  *weeps*

Weeping aside... quick reminder guys!  Today is the LAST DAY to enter The Great Scavenger Hunt Contest!  I will be announcing the winners TOMORROW!  And remember if you answered clues, but didn't fill out the Final Entry Form YOU NEED TO!  Otherwise you are not entered to win!  Please and thank you!  Can't wait to announce the winners and their choices for prize!  Remember there will be two winners since I reached 50 followers!  *excited*  

Remember to be spreading the word on the Sno-Cone Meltdown Giveaway!  I can't believe how fast of a response I've gotten to this!  Thanks guys!  Makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside. Especially when people give me nice compliments.  ^.^  Enter HERE!  

In the Blogosphere: 
 
Leilani is celebrating her birthday and 100 followers!  WOOO!!! Congrats girl!  That rocks!  In honor of this awesome accomplishment and in celebration of her birthday, she'll be having a 100 follower Birthday Bash!  The list of prizes is already growing, and I'll be donating The Iron King to the pile!  (As soon as I'm done with it that is :P ) Check out the rules HERE and enter!  This is going to be awesome!  




Tattooed Books is having a really cool challenge going on!  (pulled from Tattooed Books) Every year, YALSA (the Young Adult Library Services Association) polls 15 book clubs around the country about what books they think should make the list of the best teen books published in the last year. This year there are 26 nominees that teens (12-18) can vote on between August 23rd and September 17th. The Teen's Top Ten choices are announced during Teen Read Week in October. This year's theme for Teen Read Week is "Books with Beat."If you want more information on any of these events, please visit the YALSA website.

Awesome challenge right?!  Head on over and sign up!  This should be a lot  of fun!  I'm competing as a solo.  Here are the books I've read so far: 

Leviathan by Scott Westerfeld
Bloodhound by Tamora Pierce
Hush, Hush by Becca Fitzpatrick
Incarceron by Catherine Fisher 
Catching Fire by Suzanne Collins
City of Glass by Cassandra Clare
Fire by Kristin Cashore
Which I guess makes 7!  Whoa.... challenge already completed?!  Sweet!  Lol!  That won't stop me from reading the others though!  Make sure to check this out!  

And that concludes my news!  For now.  XD

4 comments:

Leilani @Leilani Loves Books said...

Thanks so much Ky!

Mg (LWS) said...

Its all good if you send me a sno-cone. :P

loreleimarsh said...

Thank you so much for joining my challenge. You've chosen some great reads. I hope you like them!

Felicia the Geeky Blogger said...

Congrats on finishing 7 challenges! That is awesome :)