BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Thursday, May 27, 2010

I won?.... huh?

So little back story here.  Back in March my art teacher came to me and asked me if I would like to enter a cover re-design contest for Read Aloud Nebraska.  Of course I grasped at the chance to do it and practically screamed YES!  As it so happens the book I was supposed to re-design the cover for was The Telling Pool by David Clement-Davies.  And guess what?  I own it.  So I was really excited, until she told me it was due a few days after we got back from spring back.  Less than a month to complete it.  That was kind of a "uh" moment but I still said yes.  And of course I procrastinated like the bad person I am and had to rush to start and finish it.  So while I was happy with the result I knew it was rushed and wasn't as epic as it should have been.  I hear nothing for MONTHS mind you.  A few days before school ends my art teacher came up to me and said "Oh and guess what I just found out?  That cover re-design contest you entered?  They extended the deadline until May 13."  Oh believe me I was beyond pissed.  I was so pissed I started laughing!  That is not a good sign!  I was so angry I couldn't even spend the time of day being angry about it because I was so fed up with it!    Ironically enough when I got my sno-cone yesterday my friend asked me about the contest.  And I replied "I honestly could care less right now.  I'm still pissed off."  And low and behold... what happens?  I just received an email from my art teacher with "WOO WOO!  CONGRATULATIONS!" and I said aloud "No shit..."   I gained a funny look from my dad to boot.  So ya.  I won?  And I get $100 dollars?  Huh?  I have no idea why I'm not excited about this...  I guess deep down I truly am still pissed over the whole "deadline was extended till May 13" thing.  But meh.  I'm going to try really hard in being excited about this.  Really hard.  Because ya know what?  I'm going to buy books with it.  Books for you all most likely.  With Blogfest coming up I better start stocking up on my prizes!  So ya.  Haha.  Look on the bright side of the matter. Here's the winning entry pic...


7 comments:

Darlyn said...

Congratulations! and $100? I could buy loads of my favourite books!

Leilani @Leilani Loves Books said...

That awesome!!! I would defiantly buy books. Im weired like that though.

Audrey; (AyC) said...

oh my gosh, you are an amazing artist! i can't draw to save my life, so of course your cover looks like a masterpiece! congrats :)

Chas @ LLL in the 808 said...

Wow... What an amazing honor!=)

Carrie Harris said...

Fabulous illustration...although I do understand you being pissed. Hope you enjoy it anyway!

Mg (LWS) said...

Both of us get the same news in the same week.

Congrats!

Go spend that $100 on something good!

SpunkiiReader said...

Congrats! and I think it is a beautiful piece.. mmmm books! what I wouldnt give for $100 to go to just books!