BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Thursday, April 22, 2010

Kiss and Tell

Kiss and Tell is a meme originally hosted by my good friend Aly over at Fantasy 4eva.  I've decided to join in the fun as well!  Plus I just think the pic is absolutely adorable!  Kiss and Tell shares any books that I have recently gotten from the library or borrowed from a friend. 

I don't typically go to the library all that often, but I'm going to have to change that.  :P  However I do have a book that a friend has lent me!  I'm totally psyched to read Sharp Teeth by Toby Barlow! 

Synopsis: Barlow's debut novel innovatively mixes horror, noir, and epic poetry, creating a uniquely thrilling read. Ruled by competing packs of werewolves, the seedy underside of LA is far stranger than anyone ever imagined. Lycanthropes hire themselves out as hit men and pushers, both driving and feeding off the criminal world. At the center of the story is Anthony Silvo, a self-professed loner and dogcatcher who falls in love with a mysterious woman; she leads a second life as a werewolf and works for Lark, the leader of the most dangerous werewolf pack on the streets. Her growing relationship with Anthony causes her to regret the wild choices of her past and seek out a new life. Meanwhile, Lark suspects that competing packs of lycanthropes are after his power and he prepares for a massive, citywide conflict. Other subplots include a detective's investigations into werewolf-related murders and a comic bridge tournament that might have ties to the LA drug trade. Some readers might be initially intimidated by Barlow's free-verse poetry, but, after a page, they will be swept into the rhythm. It's also to Barlow's credit that the touching moments between the woman and Anthony work as powerfully as the most graphic violence in the story.

I am so excited to read this!  I saw my friend reading this, and believe me she doesn't go for were-wolves or prose for that matter, so it really caught my attention.  I figured if she devoured this book in a few days then I would love it!  It sounds action packed and edgy!  Plus well... it has were-wolves!  Duh! 

Just on a random note I just have to share that I just bought Radiant Shadows and The Reckoning!  Off topic I know but I just had to share in the excitement!  :D 

4 comments:

The Mad Katter said...

I hate you for having Radiant Shadows!!!! Ugh I have no money it makes me so super sad!!!!!!! :(

blueicegal said...

thanks for join in kay!ps hey there clam :P

Sara said...

Very cool meme! This sounds really interesting. Thanks for sharing :D

Paper Cut Reviewer said...

Hi Ky! This book sound really good can't wait for your review:) Awesome Kiss and Tell.