BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Saturday, April 17, 2010

I Spy

I Spy is a weekly segment that will preview any new book (and occasionally movie or other random item) that I think is noteworthy or am intrigued by.  Mostly it will be books to watch out for!  New and exciting upcoming reads by new authors and old alike. This weeks I Spy is The Replacement by Brenna Yovanoff! 

Synopsis: Mackie Doyle seems like everyone else in the perfect little town of Gentry, but he is living with a fatal secret - he is a Replacement, left in the crib of a human baby sixteen years ago. Now the creatures under the hill want him back, and Mackie must decide where he really belongs and what he really wants.

A month ago, Mackie might have told them to buzz off. But now, with a budding relationship with tough, wounded, beautiful Tate, Mackie has too much to lose. Will love finally make him worthy of the human world?

First off I just have to say that this cover if friggin amazing.  It's just so twisted and dark and utterly awesome! The whole baby carriage with the knives and scissors hanging over it just creeps me out.  But in a good way.  It really sets the tone for the novel.  I love the fact that the cover just practically shouts "Hey faeries aren't all fun and games."  It is amazingly twisted and dark, and I am just so in love.   Okay I'm done gushing about the cover.  For now... I have to say that I am VERY excited for this book.  I love faeries.  Faerie novels.  Artwork that contains faeries.  Faeries, faeries, faeries!  I'm a little faerie crazy.  I love changeling stories and I'm sure this one will be no different.  I'm glad that this story is told from the POV a male character.  There are just so many faerie books out there that have female main characters.  It's just nice that for once we get to hear the guy's side of things.  I just cannot wait to read this!

6 comments:

The Mad Katter said...

Yay yay yay!!!! New fairy book!!!!!! Woo hoo! Sounds a tad like TITHE no?? Lol but I'm super excited now. Also I'm so glad ur reading INK EXCHANGE, we have todiscuss it when you're done. :)

Amelia said...

Hi, I'm Amelia and I just stumbled upon your blog!
I have THE REPLACEMENT in my tbr too--can't wait till September :D

Ky said...

Haha! We shall indeed!!! Omg I just realized how much Seth was your type! If only he were real.... :(

Amelia~ I'm glad you stumbled! I just laughed insanely at your latest post. :D

Amelia said...

Bahaa, I'm back! Thanks for the love--and what is wrong with me for forgetting the Eagles?!
Anyway, I love your site, and I've just added your super-awesome button to my list! :DD

Ky said...

I don't know?! Maybe you should get a cat scan because that is borderline insanity!

Ah thanks! Haha! I'm seriously in love with your blog btw.

Medeia Sharif said...

I love this cover. The book is on my wish list.