BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Saturday, April 10, 2010

I Spy

I Spy is a weekly segment that will preview any new book (and occasionally movie or other random item) that I think is noteworthy or am intrigued by.  Mostly it will be books to watch out for!  New and exciting upcoming reads by new authors and old alike. This weeks I Spy is Other by Karen Kincy.  I am sooo excited for this book!  It sounds absolutely amazing!

Synopsis: Seventeen-year-old Gwen hides a dangerous secret: she’s Other. Half-pooka, to be exact, thanks to the father she never met. Most Americans don’t exactly roll out the welcome mat for Others, especially not the small-town folks of Klikamuks, Washington. As if this isn’t bad enough, Gwen’s on the brink of revealing her true identity to her long-time boyfriend, Zack, but she’s scared he’ll lump her with the likes of bloodthirsty vampires and feral werewolves.
When a pack of werewolves chooses the national forest behind Gwen’s home as their new territory, the tensions in Klikamuks escalate–into murder. It soon becomes clear a serial killer is methodically slaying Others. The police turn a blind eye, leaving Gwen to find the killer before the killer finds her. As she hunts for clues, she uncovers more Others living nearby than she ever expected. Like Tavian, a sexy Japanese fox-spirit who rivals Zack and challenges her to embrace her Otherness. Gwen must struggle with her own conflicted identity, learn who she can trust, and–most importantly–stay alive.

Oh my gosh! This sounds absolutely amazing!  I love the added element of the "Others" and the fact that supernatural people are out in the open.  Though I have to admit that when I read the description I went "What the heck is a pooka?" A quick look at Karen's Website quickly resolved my confusion.  :D  I thought it was very unique the fact that Qwen does not wish to be lumped in with the vampires and the werewolves.  It's just so refreshing!  I just can't help but go "Finally!  People who aren't insanely attracted to the supernatural!" The added element of a murder mystery also has me dying to read this.  No pun intended.  And oh did I mention hot sexy Japanese-Fox!  Yum yum indeed.  I absolutely cannot wait!!! A sequel is already planned and Karen's also writing another book!  Be sure to check out her website! 


3 comments:

Sara said...

I really like this meme! I haven't heard of this before, but it sounds great. Thanks for sharing! :)

Karen said...

This post makes me smile. So glad to hear you're looking forward to OTHER! :)

Karen Kincy

Ky said...

Lolz! Glad someone thinks I'm funny! :P I absolutley can't wait to get my hands on it. Thanks for the comment Karen! :)