BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Sunday, March 7, 2010

You're late for a very important date!

... No time to say hello, goodbye!  I'm late, I'm late I'm late!

Sorry couldn't resist.  Just like I couldn't resist going to see Alice in Wonderland! Hehehhe.  So it was basically amazing.  Fantastical.  Otherworldly.  Epic.  Do I need to continue on with the adjectives?  I didn't think so.  Everything from the costumes to the amazing portrayal of each character was superb.  Helena Boham Carter was fantastic as the Red Queen.  Every time she said "Off with their head!"  I just laughed.  Johnny Depp was amazing as the Mad Hatter.  I mean utterly fantastical.  The Hare and Tweedle-dee and Tweedle-dum were so adorably confused and psychotic it was just great.  It was all so whimsical yet dark and crazy like you truly stepped into another twisted world.  The change of scenes from when Alice is in the real world and when she goes to Wonderland is also pretty cool.  Everything in the real world is light and white and almost a fake perfect.  While Wonderland is crazy and dark and sinister yet full of life.  It's a cool transition if you really think about it. 

I also loved the fact that it was Alice coming back to Wonderland.  Very cool take on the story, though apparently there is a book called Through the Looking Glass which is actually a companion to Alice in Wonderland that I didn't even know about.  Then again I'm not all too much for classic literature, so my ignorance is forgiven.  Well... I at least forgave myself.  Anywho, it was an amazing fresh take on the Wonderland story and I thoroughly enjoyed the entire movie.  I think I might even have to dress as Alice for Halloween.  I have plenty of different dress options to chose.  And I don't even like dresses.  That's how pretty they are.  :D So yes go see it quickly!  Or else you'll become as Mad as Hatter. 

6 comments:

LunaMoth said...

haha i will go see it with my boyfriend, he loves tim burton and so do i (we also both have a crush on johnny depp =P)

Ky said...

Who DOESN'T have a crush on Johnny Depp?!

Alishie said...

I just saw this movie today. I loved it! I have always loved Alice in Wonderland, and watched the animated version often. I also like nearly all of Tim Burton's film especially Sweeney Todd(no not just because Johny Depp is in it lol).

Ky said...

Haha. I never truly realized how trippy the story is. I mean the dude who wrote it must have been whacked out on some pretty darn good stuff. Haha.

WitchCraft-and-ScoobyDoo said...

He was...they said he was on mushrooms or something...

ALN said...

Actually I think it was LSD.