BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Fancy-ful Designs!

Fancy-ful Designs is a way for me to feature album art, book covers, or just awesome fan-art that I think deserves some recognition.  This weeks spotlight is on Eyes Like Stars by Lisa Mantchev.   

This book first grabbed my attention a year before it was set to be released.  Yes, that's right, a whole year.  In my stumblings online, probably on Goodreads, I found Eyes Like Stars.  There was no description, I had no idea what the book was about, or basically anything about it other than the fact that the cover was GORGEOUS!  Bertie is serene and beautiful and a bit vulnerable looking, yet she is surrounded by her fairy friends.  I first thought this book was about fairies, at first glance, but it turned out to be way better.  The cover captures the magical feel to the novel and it's sense of mystique.  The lighting is dramatic, and the luminescent fairy wings truly add to the otherwordly feel of the novel.  Of course I adore Bertie's blue hair as well.  The cover is just as unique as the book itself.  Lisa Mantchev truly created a beautifully unique piece of literature that I would love to jump right into.  If you don't want to read this by the cover alone, take my word for it, it is truly amazing. 

2 comments:

Lisa Mantchev said...

Hi Ky!

I'm so glad you enjoyed ELS!!

I'm giving away Advance Review Copies of book 2, Perchance To Dream, over at my LiveJournal blog... :)

Ky said...

Thanks for the heads up! :D I adored ELS and my moms excited to read it now too. I can't believe you commented! I'm grinning like an idiot right now. :D