BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Thursday, February 4, 2010

Whip it! Whip it good!

Who doesn't love Ellen Page? (This is rhetorical btw)  The fact that her role as Juno and the "someone is prego" line will forever put her among my favorite actresses. 

In Whip It, directed by Drew Barymore, Miss Page does another excellent job.  She's an inspiring model for young girls to take charge of their life and pursue something they enjoy for the love of it.  Her character goes from being incredibly timid, to embracing her inherent ability to kick ass.  It's a story of transformation and self discovery.  Plus it's laugh out loud hilarious about 85% of the time.  I was laughing so hard, I literally did the slap-thigh action.  As horrible as that is, it's true.  Plus a hot, shaggy haired, skinny jeaned, singer with an accent just adds on to the awesomeness. 

I really want to try Roller-Derbies now,.... though I have a feeling I'd get my ass kicked.  Talk about some tough chicks.   I will forever be a fan of the Hurl-Scouts.  (I'm a Girl Scout, and I found this extremely funny) 

Acting: Five stars!

Story/ Plot: Five stars!

Overall: Five stars!  It was just an amazing movie that I could watch over and over again.  It's cute and adorable yet inspiring at the same time.  I'm looking forward to more movies starring Ellen Page.  ^.^

0 comments: