BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Fancy-ful Designs!

Yes I'm actually going to put a post up ON TIME!  Amazing is it not?!  Haha.  Fancy-ful Designs is a way for me to feature album art, book covers, or just awesome fan-art that I think deserves some recognition. This weeks spotlight is on Kristen Cashore's Fire.

 Obviously this is not the American cover for Cashore's amazing novel Fire.  I totally geek out about this cover every time I see it. The tinge of green in the cloud is contrasted by the orange-red surrounding Fire like a halo.  Complimentary colors!  I could squeal with joy as my art geek-ness takes over.  The cover is beautiful in it's simiplicity.  Fire's hair blowing in the wind and her gorgeous dress compliments her fiery personality.  This cover is absolutley gorgeous and I never get tired of seeing it. 

In addition to having a beautiful cover, it is also an amazing novel.  A wonderful companion to Cashore's first novel, Graceling, it introduces the reader into another portion of the world.  Somewhere so similar, yet so completely different from where Katsa is from.  Those different are still feared and misunderstood, yet in an almost more terrifying way.  Beautiful story, beautiful cover.  What more can I say?

4 comments:

Aye.Me? said...

The UK cover art definitely kicks the US cover's butt on the books in this series! :)

Ky said...

Haha much agreed!!! That is like my dream job. Designing book covers!! I have to appreciate the epicness. :D

Melissa said...

oh my gosh...this cover kills me...I loved Graceling, and I need to read Fire so badly!

Ky said...

Haha. I know. I adore it. Fire is amazing. I can't decide which I like better, Graceling or Fire. Both are equally amazing though.