BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Thursday, February 11, 2010

Dog Eared

So in a fit of creative inspiration I thought it would be a cool idea to do a weekly little snipit of some of my most worn "dog eared" books that I love to read over and over.... and over again.  Not only will I be overwhelmed with nostolgic feelings for forgotten but still adored stories, but hopefully I'll be spreading the love of my most beloved books as well.  

The Two Princesses of Bamarre is probably the first book I ever read multiple times.  Which for me is a big deal.  Simply becuase I have a really good memory when it comes to books.  I think I've read this book 5 times, which I think is the most times I have ever read any one book.  (Not that impressive by some peoples standards but it's a record for me)  I've always thought it was an amazing story about loyalty, love, and sacrifice.  You really admire Addie's courage and loyalty to her sister.  Even though the whole "Princess"  book thing is over-rated, this still holds a special place in my heart. Addie overcomes her fears and misgivings about herself to try and save her sisters life.  In the process she becomes stronger and believes in her own capabilities.  Plus a little bit of romance never hurt anything.   All in all it's just a wonderful story, and a quick read as well.  Great for younger audiences too.  Pass it on!

0 comments: