BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Sunday, February 28, 2010

Depresssed much...

So I guess my total obsession of Sookie Stackhouse has had no choice but to peter out.  Mainly due to the fact that I read all 9 books in about two weeks (an amazing ordeal to be sure, considering school and my job) and the fact that I can't watch the second season of True Blood because I don't have HBO.  I just want MORE.  I ache because of longing.  Since I haven't been reviewing each and every book, I'm going to just gush about the whole series. 

Despite the fact that I am totally in love with these books, I can still look at them from a critical standpoint.  Though the writing may not be amazing or deep or insightful, it is just a plain amazing story.  It's a bit refreshing to have such a straightforward writing style.  You get the feeling that miss Harris isn't concerned with being thought provoking or trying to leave an impression.  She is simply concerned with conveying a fantastic story, which she accomplishes amazingly well.  Though some aspects of the novels I can't help but go "Really?", say when the Fae was introduced and stuff like that.  (Trying not to ruin anything here)  Yet at the same time nothing is so outlandish that it makes you roll your eyes.  The author does an excellent job inkeeping with the novels true story.  Nothing happens that doesn't directly corrolate to the plot and I always enjoy trying to figure out the newest twist in the story.  Believe me, there are plenty of twists.  Sookie gets around a bit, though I honestly can't blame here.  If I suddenly had about five supernatural suitors clammering for my attention, who were all amazingly gorgeous, but all in different ways, well... you know.  Even though there are plenty of love interest possibilities  I am the firm shipper of Eric/Sookie.  Big, blond haired, blue eyed, Viking?  Yes please! 

Despite my slightly unhealthy obsession with this series as well as the tv show, it truly is a great story and I encourage everyone to read them.  Though probably not as quickly as I devoured them.  Bahahaha.  Devoured.  Vampire crack.  Oh wow... I shall stop. 

3 comments:

Melissa said...

I have something that might make your life a teensy bit easier...you can go to this link and watch Season 2 for free...of course, it only allows you a certain bit of time per day, but enough to watch one episode per day! This is the link I used in the past, so I hope it's still working :)

http://www.watchtruebloodseries.com/watch-true-blood-season-2-online/

Ky said...

OMG!!!! THANK YOU SO MUCH! That is amazing! (though thanks to the Pacific the sister series to Band of Brothers, my dad got HBO channels for free for three months) So the encore of season two comes on march 21. But omg seriously. Major hugs. :D

Yesenia said...

I was about to give you that same website. I can't wait to start chatting about the new season. Hope you get to watch and enjoy :)