BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Saturday, February 13, 2010

Blood is all too sweet

So I'm a bit of a late comer to the HBO series True Blood, based off of Charlaine Harris' Sookie Stackhouse series.  Okay,.... maybe a very big late comer but that is perfectly okay.  Because not only was I up till four a.m. watching the entire first season, but now I am totally and completely obsessed.  As overdone and cliche vampire novels are, and then to suddenly have all these vampire tv shows, I didn't really think it would be all that great.  I have never been so happy to be proven wrong!  Although there is at least one very graphic sex scene in every episode, I got over it by the second dvd. 

I love the traditional, yet new take on vampires and vampire society.  It's dark and dirty and yes I admit it, sexy.  I do not think I have ever been motivated by a tv show to read the books.  Thank goodness I have all of them downloaded onto my lovely handy dandy laptop.  Teehee.  It kept me guessing after each episode, and was never predictable.  I loved how Bill isn't drop dead gorgeous.  Just dark and brooding with a classic handsome going on.  Sookie is amazing as well.  She's such a sweet and caring person you just can't not adore her. 

If I haven't made my love for this clear, I am willing to pay to have HBO now just so I can watch the new episodes because I'm dying for the second season!  And to give a clearer view of how addicting this show is, my own mother stayed up till four a.m. with me watching this.  I shall even quote her exact words "I'm so tired, yet I just don't want to stop watching!" 

0 comments: