BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Friday, January 22, 2010

The sadness of ending a fantastic series :(


Seeing as how I've already reviewed the earlier books I don't want to ruin the plot for you by giving a synopsis. 

Since I finally finished the series, I just feel utterly empty inside.  When I read the first two books in the Dark Angel Trilogy I read them back to back.  Sadly I didn't own the third one at the time.  And when I finally buy it and read it, I just feel so sad now.  The book was the perfect ending to this amazingly fantastical series.  It tied up all the loose endings and all the different subplots nice and neatly.  It was utterly amazing, and yet I'm still so sad.  It's a horrible mix of contentness and despair.  I don't think I've ever felt this way about a series before.  It was that amazing.  And writing about it just makes it worse!  AH!   Ah man.  This totally stinks.  I loved the series.  It's probably my favorite series of all time!  It is just so depressing that it's over. 

Well on a positive note Brent Weeks has a new series coming out.  So I guess my world isn't coming to an end quite yet. 

Do you have a favorite series that you hated to see end?

0 comments: