BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Giant Blue Monkeys


Okay so clearly Giant Blue Monkey's is not the title of the movie.  I just thought that line was so funny I had to share.  So yes I'm doing my review of the recently acclaimed Avatar!  It was so pretty!  So very very pretty.  I didn't see it in 3-D but now I really want to. 

Graphics:  5 stars!  Truthfully the most beautifully done movies I have seen.  Everything from the plants and wildlife to the avatars themselves looked incredibly real.  I'm almost at a loss for words as to how pretty it is.  It's THAT beautiful. 

Acting:  5 stars!  I thought the acting was very good with all of the characters.  Especially with Sully and the Dr.  They were well developed and had strong characteristics that fit with their roles. 

Plotline:  3 stars  So clearly the story was not original in the slightest.  Among the other movies that have the exact same theme: Dances With Wolves, Fern Gully, and Pochantus.  Though the story was the most horribly over-used, over-done, and incredibly predictable plotline in movie-dom I still enjoyed it. 

Overall Rating: 4 stars!  In the end the pretty graphics made me go goo-goo eyed and stare at the screen going "pretty" during most of the three hours.  The amazing graphics far outweighed the poor plot.  Though it wasn't the single most amazing movie I have ever seen, like most people claim, I still thought it enjoyable and would watch it again. 

For those of you who are too depressed to keep on going after having seen this movie, (do not scoff) do not fret for there are help sites for you.  (I am not even joking here, look them up)  Haha. 

2 comments:

LunaMoth said...

AHHH i cried so much during this movie (4x!), i got the soundtrack <3 and im buying the movie when it comes out =) i agree the plot is a little generic, but i do not think that message can be stressed enough!!! and pocohantas(sp) ferngully are two of my fav movies!

Ky said...

Haha. Ya. It was touching at moments. Though I didn't cry... I was really sad when Sigourney Weaver's character died though. :(