BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Sunday, January 3, 2010

The Beginning of a New Year

What better way to kick off the new year than a new look?  So yes I did indeed change my blog template and I have to say that I am infinitely pleased with it.  Especially after I spent 2 plus hours trying to design my own blog template only to have it not transfer all of the pretty little things I added to it.  Oh the joys of computers, am I right?  

Today I returned from a very long band trip to New Orleans to play in the Sugar Bowl.  That's a 24 hour bus ride.  On seats that barely recline.  With temperatures decreasing with every mile on the road.  With BAND kids.  You can imagine my distress. And my total lack of WiFi at our supposed 4 star hotel (can't imagine how it got that rating) was highly counter productive to me up-keeping my blog.  Frustrated doesn't begin to cover it.  So here I am trying to update everything, checking my email which was flooded by Facebook updates (bashes head on wall), writing stuff, and completing long over due art projects.  Christmas Break needs to be way longer.  Way WAY longer.

So as well as a new look, I'm also starting reading my books for the 2010 Reading Challenge.  Wahooo!  Yaaaaayyyy!!!!! Hazzah!!!! Woot!!! Heehee.  Okay so yes I'm still recuperating from sleep deprivation, but that doesn't detract from my excitement.  The first book on my list is Going Bovine by Libba Bray!  It is truly fantastic and I can't wait to be finished with it!  (Simply because I'm super excited to read my next book).  But all randomness aside, it is truly a fantastic book.  Review should be coming soon, so be on the look out!

2 comments:

LunaMoth said...

NO wifi in the hotel? what kinda rat-shack was that?!
cant wait for the review, i have been seeing that book on amazon and wondering what its like.

Ky said...

I know right?! I'm pretty sure you had to pay for it. The cheap asses. We stayed at the W hotel. Apparently the suites are amazing, but the regular rooms are SO SMALL! We got there 2 hours late and they STILL didn't have our rooms ready. And a couple hours later there were still 5 rooms that weren't done. Our room hadn't even been vacuumed! It was ridiculous!Okay. Ranting done. So yes Going Bovine is FANTASTIC! I'm totally and completely in love.