BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Sunday, November 22, 2009

Tricks


Five teenagers from different parts of the country. Three girls. Two guys. Four straight. One gay. Some rich. Some poor. Some from great families. Some with no one at all. All living their lives as best they can, but all searching...for freedom, safety, community, family, love. What they don't expect, though, is all that can happen when those powerful little words "I love you" are said for all the wrong reasons.

My Review: Yet another successful novel by Ellen Hopkins.  Tricks takes common elements from Hopkins' other novels and explores them in a much deeper setting.  Each character is rich and deep with raw emotions.  With so many different voices it is still easy to keep track of all the different storylines. Tricks really made me re-evaluate what I thought was "love".  This book really made it clear that it is all in the eyes of the beholder.  People love others for all the wrong reasons, yet they still love.  This is probably one of my favorite books from Hopkins and I greatly recomend it.

0 comments: